Installing The Quiet Guardian
1. Confirm that you have the following tools available before starting installation.
• ¼” screw driver bit holder (recommended)
• Center punch (and hammer if needed) (optional)
2. Unpack The Quiet Guardian from its packaging and confirm that all materials are present.
3. If a swing bar, flip lock, or door chain is currently installed, remove it.
4. Locate a desired height on the door lock side of the door for installation which is strong and avoids interference with existing holes and complies with local standards for accessibility.
5. With the door closed, apply the Installation Template (G) to the door. Starting with the door side, aligning as indicated with the edge of the door, then finishing with the jamb side.
6. Drill the seven holes to the indicated depth using the provided drill bit (F).
7. Remove the Installation Template (G).
8. Using the supplied #2 Philips screw bit (E), mount the Catch (A) to the door using the 1 ¼” screws (C), and Latch Base (B) to the door jamb using the 1” screws (D).
A. The Installation Template (G) is supplied with a low-tack adhesive so it can easily be repositioned and removed with minimal risk to damaging the door and jamb. Using the provided Installation Template (G) will help to ensure proper vertical alignment and horizontal spacing of the Catch (A) and Latch Base (B).
B. To ensure an optimal installation on doors that are not flush with the door jamb or have large gaps, place the Latch Base (B) and Catch (A) onto the template, aligning it with the mounting holes, and confirm that the Swing Bar (B) will open and close over the Catch (A) without interference prior to drilling holes. If necessary, adjust the Latch (B) or Catch (A) left or right slightly to eliminate any interference. The Installation Template (G) can be separated into two halves along the door edge line to aid in placement on offset doors.
C. Marking the seven mounting holes with a center punch prior to drilling will help to ensure each hole does not “walk” when drilling.
D. The Latch Base and Swing Bar (B) can be disassembled and reversed using a 2.5mm Allen Key if there are unavoidable interference with existing hole(s) on the door jamb. After Ensure the two shoulder screws